Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Introduction!

Hello avid library fans!

The blog officially has a new caretaker! My name is Miss Meredith; if you or your family have visited the Children's Room recently, you might recognize me as Miss Shannon's smiling and bubbly assistant. Or, as one of our younger patrons noted, "the girl with the thing in her nose". Referring, of course, to my septum piercing, which is a constant source of joy and curiosity to kids the world over.

I originally started working at the Lawrence Library back in the winter of 2015, primarily on Saturday mornings with a night shift here or there. However, in the last few months I've taken on more hours! I now get to come in and enjoy the mornings here in the library, whether they're quiet or hectic or somewhere in between, as well as my typical evening and Saturday shifts. I've never been happier!

The summer months mean hot days, lazy thunderstorms, vacations, and of course, lots of reading time. Miss Shannon and I have been busy with book recommendations for our younger library-goers, helping them pick out the new series or old familiar favorite to keep them busy during their school break. Upstairs, my colleagues have been just as busy keeping us up to date with the newest novels, non-fiction selections, movies, graphic novels, and of course, a shiny new encyclopedia set! (It really is a beauty; be sure to check it out!)

We're also smack-dab in the middle of our Summer Reading Program. This summer our goal is get Pepperell to read 1000 BOOKS!!! Joining us in our pursuit of 1k literary conquests is easy: simply sign up on Wandoo Reader's website and log the books you read to yourself or others. Then, at the end of the summer, join us for a celebratory ice cream party on Wednesday, August 23rd at 11:00AM. Who doesn't love ice cream?!

I'll be posting and updating here frequently, now that I've been given The Power. I hope to make this a space where you, our loyal patrons, can come to get updates, craft ideas, book recommendations, literary news, and all sorts of jazz! Please feel free to leave comments here, or pop on in to say hello and let us know what you think. We value and appreciate your feedback; this library is yours as much as it is ours, and our goal has always been to work with our public to create a space for all.

Thanks for taking the time to check this all out. Stay tuned for all the fun and excitement to come, and please, have a safe and wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment